iPhone has several features for transferring files conveniently, esp. among devices in the Apple ecosystem. However, many iPhone users notice the reduction of video quality after sending videos to another device via AirDrop or iMessage. If you are wondering how to send video from iPhone without losing quality, we wrap up 3 methods in this post for you.
Why Do iPhone Videos Lose Quality When Sent
Why does the video look blurry or grainy when sent? Does iPhone compress the video before sending it? Well, there are several causes for the quality loss when sharing iPhone videos with its native tools.
- AirDrop compresses videos when sending them from iPhone to iPhone, iPad, or Mac with an old OS or insufficient storage space.
- iMessage compresses videos when they are too large or lengthy. Even though the accurate file size limit isn't officially confirmed, many tests show that it's around 220MB. And if you are using cellular, iMessage will compress your video automatically as well.
- iCloud might re-encode the video when you upload and download it on another Apple device.
1. Send Video from iPhone without Losing Quality in DearMob
DearMob iPhone Manager is a robust tool for iOS device management that can 1:1 clone, copy, sync, and transfer files from iPhone and iPad. It supports all types of video files so that you can transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality, to name a few, HD, 4K, HDR, 120fps, Cinematic Mode videos, Apple ProRAW, etc. Notably, it's blazing fast and stable while sending videos in bulk from iPhone even the files take up several GBs.
DearMob iPhone Manager - Lossless File Transfer Tool for iPhone
- Zero loss when sending 4K videos, HD, or uncompressed videos from iPhone to computer.
- Safe, easy, and fast to transfer iPhone videos, photos, music, contacts, messages, etc.
- Sync videos, music, photos on PC and iPhone without erasing the original files.
- Free and handy features to convert video format and shrink file size in bulk.
- Back up, restore data, batch info edit, and migrate files from old iPhone to a new one.
Download and install DearMob iPhone Manager to send iPhone videos without losing quality now!
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to Windows or Mac. Launch DearMob iPhone Manager.
Step 2. Click "Video & Movie" in the main interface to open the video management panel.
Step 3. Browse to select the HD or 4K videos on your iPhone. Click "Export" and the video will be sent from iPhone to PC/Mac without losing quality in no time.
Now you can store the video(s) in original quality on your computer, share it via email or SNS on your computer with ease, or edit it on your computer.
2. Send Video from iPhone without Losing Quality via AirDrop
AirDrop is the most frequently used tool for sharing files among Apple devices. Although it degrades video quality when sending large/long 4K videos from iPhone to old devices, it works perfectly for the latest models of Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
If you intend to send a video from iPhone without losing quality, here's a trick to learn.
Step 1. To stop iPhone from compressing videos while AirDroping, open Settings > Photos and select Keep Originals in the option of TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC.
Step 2. Open a video in your album. Tap the share button and choose AirDrop.
Step 3. Select the person that you want to share the video with. Hit the arrow to send a video from iPhone without losing quality.
Note: AirDrop only sends videos from iPhone to Mac, iPhone, and iPad nearby.
3. Send Video from iPhone without Losing Quality via Google Drive
In speaking of sending videos from iPhone to Android and other non-Apple devices without losing quality, you can try some cloud-based storage service, for example, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox. It's not a direct transfer from one end to the other like the two methods above, users will go through uploading and downloading process.
If you want to give it a try, here's how to send an iPhone video without losing quality via Google Drive.
Step 1. Sign in to the Google Drive app on your iPhone.
Step 2. Upload the video file to its cloud server and wait for it to complete.
Step 3. Get the share link and send it to others.
Step 4. People who open the link can download your iPhone video to their device without losing quality.
Note: This method is more time-consuming and requires fast and stable network connections. The Google Drive app takes up storage space on your iPhone.