One way to protect iDevice backup is using iTunes. This time it won't be that complex. But if you are inclined to encipher local files or protect only part of iPhone files, an alternative is needed.
By using DearMob iPhone Manager for Mac, you can encrypt photos, videos and contacts exported from iDevices at military grade; password protect local photos and videos on Mac; decrypt files with DearMob encryption anytime you want to.
Free download DearMob iPhone Manager:Free DownloadFor Mac OS X 10.9 or later
DearMob allows you to,
Password encrypt files like photos, videos, contacts and iDevice backups.
Protect data with multiple encryption algorithms: 256-bit AES, 1024-bit RSA, PBKDF2, and Argon 2.
1. Open DearMob iPhone Manager and plug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod into Mac.
2. Click Add files to load photos and videos for encrypting.
3. Click Encrypt Now and the Settings window would pop up.
4. Check the box "I've already know...", enter your new password, and then click OK.
1. Click Add files to load photos and videos for decrypting.
2. Click Decrypt Now, enter the password in the pop-up window, and press OK.
1. To encrypt photo during transferring, go to Photo interface > choose photos you for exporting to Mac > tick the box Export with Encryption > and then press Export.
2. Exporting video with encryption use a similar process as encrypting photos. Click into Video manager > select videos you for exporting > click Export with Encryption right beside Select All > Export.
3. To encrypt contacts, go to the Contact center > select contacts you want to export and encrypt > check Export with Encryption > and click Export.
Copyright © 2021 DearMob, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. Any third party product names and trademarks used in this website are property of their respective owners. All the related logos and images, including but not limited to Apple's AirPlay®, Apple TV®, iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes® and Mac® are registered trademarks of their own. Digiarty is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc. and any of those companies.