5KPlayer > Video Music Player > VLC Download Windows 10
Posted by Kaylee Wood | Last update: April 28, 2020
Before VLC media player for Windows 10 download either from videolan.org or from Windows Store, take a look at its new UI for Windows 10, major features and problems reported, especially when VLC for Windows 10 updates to its latest version on December 2.2.0. Is VLC player Windows 10 better than other media players? Check out the nitty gritty details to see if it can satisfy your playback demand on Windows 10 PC, Surface or Windows Phone.
Looking for a media player with simpler, better UI than VLC media player Windows 10, one that's equally robust and suitable for home entertainment? 5KPlayer, overtaking VLC for Windows 10 in Softonic download chart is on a wild roll now! This alternative to VLC Windows 10 features equally extensive video format support in a compact design, you can directly download it below!
Windows 10: Features, How to Update & More >>
Alongside VLC Windows 10 (64bit & 32bit), there are plenty of giant media labels launching their Windows 10 compatible versions in a row, let's take a look at how the videolan.org's contributors have made VLC an ace in a hole.
Listed below are VLC video player Windows 10 new features from Microsoft Regional Director and VLC Media Player developer Jean-Baptiste Kempf:
1. New User Interface: VLC player Windows 10 put on a revamped new UI to match Windows 10 style, with various WM10 UI fixes, and the Title Bar now transparent.
This time when you click "minimize" on the bottom right, it switches to a VLC mini audio player, a smart solution on Windows 10 when you want to play music and tackle other tasks simultaneously.
2. GPU Improvements: Improve hardware decoding support based on 64-bit computing.
3. Improved Explorer: The search option on VLC for Windows 10 is rewritten from the scratch, rendering faster search experience than before.
4. Customizable Play List: A new "Add to current playlist" button in available in VLC Windows 10 to nab new songs instantly.
5. Improved for Lower-end Windows 10 devices: This makeover also speeds up VLC Windows 10 to run faster on Surface RT and Lumia 520, making it one of the top 5 videos players for Windows Phone.
6. New features also include easier access to hardware decoding setting, and new animations in Music Now Playing view. If you have a big collection of DVD, please also take a look at how to play DVD on Windows 10 in the easiest manner.
6. VLC Windows 10 Controls and Settings, see details here: https://www.vlchelp.com/controls-settings-vlc-app-windows-10/
1. VLC Resume Playback not Working After Windows 10 Creators Update: Users who upgraded to latest Windows 10 Creators Update instead of following a clean install have higher chances of running into this VLC Windows 10 resume playback not working problem. This is because the system upgrade assistant usually reset program defaults when migrating to a newer version of OS. To resolve this, you need to uninstall & reinstall VLC for Windows 10 again.
2. VLC Can't Play DVD: Despite an overhaul for DVD and CD support, VLC Windows 10 still can't remove problems like VLC can't play DVD. If you watch DVD videos (encrypted DVDs) quite often, then VLC player Windows 10 may be a less wanted choice. Alternatively, you may find 5KPlayer a smart and free widget to play DVD on Windows 10. It bolsters a wide catalogue of DVDs (VOB/VIDEO_TS/ISO), bypassing Disney DRM, CSS, Sony ARccOS, RCE, or any region codes.
3. VLC Audio Delay: Another unexpected bug is audio and video out of sync in VLC Windows 10. Most frequent delays happen when you use VLC Windows 10 to play a 4K, H.264 H.265 video on a lower-end Windows 10 PC. Indeed you may turn to tutorials on how to fix VLC audio delay, where you'll be advised to use Audio De-synchronization Compensation, or install MKVToolNix to automatically adjust the synchronization problem. To make things easier, 5KPlayer has an easy-to-operate sync bar when you right click on it, which doesn't run into similar VLC audio delay problems.
4. VLC Crashes Windows 10 with Multi-line Subtitles: Subtitles with multiple lines may cause VLC player Windows 10 to crash. though this time support for embedded SSA subtitles is included, a precise debug would be required to enhance VLC player stability on Windows 10 PC, Surface, and Windows Phone.
5. VLC Windows 10 Can't Control Play Speed Settings: Even if you're an old friend of VLC media player, you might go nuts when trying to control play speed settings in VLC Windows Store. That being said, this media player rely largely on some shortcuts to complete some advanced settings, which may require extra efforts.
User Reviews @ www.microsoft.com - VLC Windows 10 - Ambitious but Broken
---" I like what VLC Windows 10 is trying to be, but, in it's current state, it is an absolute mess.
It randomly decides whether it will play FLAC (even though it says it can). Searching for or navigating to an artist is only doable by scrolling from the top.
Pressing any button causes the app to crash."
Get the best free VLC alternative for Windows 10 to play MP4 MKV WMV FLV etc up to 4K and even 8K, download videos from 300+ online sites, and DLNA video music from mobile to computer and Mac/PC to Samsung/LG/Sony smart TV.
VLC Windows 10, released with a new name "VLC for Windows Store", is compatible with both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. This table below gives a review of VLC Windows 10 and 5KPlayer shared features, two of the most competitive video music player for Windows 10.:
VLC Player for Windows 10
- Same Codec catalogue as 5KPlayer for Windows 10;
- Improved MKV,FLV support compared to VLC Windows 8.
- No Blu-ray support, download VLC codec pack to play.
Video Download :
- VLC Windows 10 download videos in 12 steps.
[How to download videos with VLC player? >>] This tutorial recommends: Go to Network tab - Current Media Information - get original address of a video.
Video Streaming :
- VLC player Windows 10 can stream video online from hosting sites such as Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion.
5KPlayer for Windows 10
- Both VLC Windows 10 and 5KPlayer can play MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI video;
- Play MP3 AAC FLAC music intuitively, cranking out home theater effect with everything you throw at it.
Video Download :
- 5KPlayer, the sleek 4K video downloader takes only 3 steps to download online videos from 300+ video sharing websites, and download music from legal music download sites.
Video Streaming :
- 5KPlayer can function as both an AirPlay sender and receiver to AirPlay from Windows 10, or achieve iPhone iPad AirPlay mirroring to Windows 10 and DLNA streaming video music from mobile to Windows 10.
For short, VLC Windows 10 is indeed qualified, but developers are perhaps overtly exaggerating its makeover in UI.
There're plenty of Windows 10 style media players, all good-in-design, tried-and-true. In the light that VLC not working are frequently upsetting VLC Windows 10 users, think twice because VLC player Windows 10 isn't necessarily the overlord in design, and it still requires further debugs in function, you may consider the free VLC alternative - 5KPlayer.
★ VLC Windows 10 Download & 5KPlayer Download Method
5KPlayer setup is 100% free and clean, just hit the download button below (Blue Button for Windows 10), no malware or ad in the installation process.
VLC player Windows 10 free download will be available at
Softonic: http://vlc-windows-10.en.softonic.com/download (You will be redirected to an external website to complete the download )
Windows Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/vlc-for-windows-store/9wzdncrfj3t0
Videolan Homepage: http://www.videolan.org/
Step 1. Free download 5KPlayer for Windows 10, install and launch it.
Step 2. Insert a DVD disc to your Windows PC.
Step 3. Click DVD button in the main interface.
Tips: To play VOB files/ISO/Video-TS, or any other videos and movies, click the Video button instead.
Download Videos in MP4 MKV without VLC Windows 10
Step 1: Find the video you want to download on Windows 10 from Dailymotion, Vimeo, or other online video sharing websites, copy its URL.
Step 2: Hit the "Paste and Analyze" button, choose your preferred resolution and format.
Now, rely on the free 5KPlayer - peerless alternative to VLC Windows 10, as well as a free online video downloader to download MP4 MKV videos.
New features in VLC Windows 10 indeed polishes a few details compared to VLC for Windows 8, yet software performance with multi-line subtitles, VLC crash on Windows, and other major issues haven't been repaired as expected. On Windows 10 platform, when full-screen APP and Metro Start Menu are no longer, a desktop-centered video player like 5KPlayer is more "appropriate" in UI. Unlike the massive VideoLan lineup, ranging from Android, iOS to Ubuntu, 5KPlayer is not only Windows-centered in multi-media playback, it's also a free video downloader software on Windows 10 and Mac. Still, the decision goes up to your flavor.
Media Player Classic Free Download for Windows 10 64 BitRead this Media Player Classic Windows 10 review to know Media Player Classic new features (playing 4K), Media Player Classic codec pack and bugs before you download Media Player Classic Home Cinema for Windows 10.
GOM Player| Free Download GOM Player for Windows 10Free download GOM player for Windows 10 the latest version, find GOM Player new features for Windows 10 and solve GOM player not working on Windows 10.
QuickTime for Windows 10 Download & Install Guide [Detailed Steps]Can't install QuickTime for Windows 10? Get specific guide here on how to download and install QuickTime for Windows 10 to make QuickTime player work on Windows 10.
Copyright © 2023 Digiarty Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. All other products or name brands are trademarks of their respective holders. All logos, trademarks and images relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the Internet that are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.