Posted by Amanda Hu | Last updated: December 30, 2019
Before VLC media player for Windows 10 download either from videolan.org or from Windows Store, take a look at its new UI for Windows 10, major features and problems reported, especially when VLC for Windows 10 updates to its latest version on December 2.2.0. Is VLC player Windows 10 better than other media players? Check out the nitty gritty details to see if it can satisfy your playback demand on Windows 10 PC, Surface or Windows Phone.
Looking for a media player with simpler, better UI than VLC media player Windows 10, one that's equally robust and suitable for home entertainment? 5KPlayer, overtaking VLC for Windows 10 in Softonic download chart is on a wild roll now! This alternative to VLC Windows 10 features equally extensive video format support in a compact design, you can directly download it below!
1. VLC Resume Playback not Working After Windows 10 Creators Update: Users who upgraded to latest Windows 10 Creators Update instead of following a clean install have higher chances of running into this VLC Windows 10 resume playback not working problem. This is because the system upgrade assistant usually reset program defaults when migrating to a newer version of OS. To resolve this, you need to uninstall & reinstall VLC for Windows 10 again.
2. VLC Can't Play DVD: Despite an overhaul for DVD and CD support, VLC Windows 10 still can't remove problems like VLC can't play DVD. If you watch DVD videos (encrypted DVDs) quite often, then VLC player Windows 10 may be a less wanted choice. Alternatively, you may find 5KPlayer a smart and free widget to play DVD on Windows 10. It bolsters a wide catalogue of DVDs (VOB/VIDEO_TS/ISO), bypassing Disney DRM, CSS, Sony ARccOS, RCE, or any region codes.
3. VLC Audio Delay: Another unexpected bug is audio and video out of sync in VLC Windows 10. Most frequent delays happen when you use VLC Windows 10 to play a 4K, H.264 H.265 video on a lower-end Windows 10 PC. Indeed you may turn to tutorials on how to fix VLC audio delay, where you'll be advised to use Audio De-synchronization Compensation, or install MKVToolNix to automatically adjust the synchronization problem. To make things easier, 5KPlayer has an easy-to-operate sync bar when you right click on it, which doesn't run into similar VLC audio delay problems.
4. VLC Crashes Windows 10 with Multi-line Subtitles: Subtitles with multiple lines may cause VLC player Windows 10 to crash. though this time support for embedded SSA subtitles is included, a precise debug would be required to enhance VLC player stability on Windows 10 PC, Surface, and Windows Phone.
5. VLC Windows 10 Can't Control Play Speed Settings: Even if you're an old friend of VLC media player, you might go nuts when trying to control play speed settings in VLC Windows Store. That being said, this media player rely largely on some shortcuts to complete some advanced settings, which may require extra efforts.
User Reviews @ www.microsoft.com - VLC Windows 10 - Ambitious but Broken
---" I like what VLC Windows 10 is trying to be, but, in it's current state, it is an absolute mess.
It randomly decides whether it will play FLAC (even though it says it can). Searching for or navigating to an artist is only doable by scrolling from the top.
Pressing any button causes the app to crash."
Get the best free VLC alternative for Windows 10 to play MP4 MKV WMV FLV etc up to 4K and even 8K, download videos from 300+ online sites, and DLNA video music from mobile to computer and Mac/PC to Samsung/LG/Sony smart TV.
Step 1. Free download 5KPlayer for Windows 10, install and launch it.
Step 2. Insert a DVD disc to your Windows PC.
Step 3. Click DVD button in the main interface.
Tips: To play VOB files/ISO/Video-TS, or any other videos and movies, click the Video button instead.
Download Videos in MP4 MKV without VLC Windows 10
Step 1: Find the video you want to download on Windows 10 from YouTube, Vimeo, or other online video sharing websites, copy its URL.
Step 2: Hit the "Paste and Analyze" button, choose your preferred resolution and format.
Now, rely on the free 5KPlayer - peerless alternative to VLC Windows 10, as well as a free online video downloader to download MP4 MKV videos.
New features in VLC Windows 10 indeed polishes a few details compared to VLC for Windows 8, yet software performance with multi-line subtitles, VLC crash on Windows, and other major issues haven't been repaired as expected. On Windows 10 platform, when full-screen APP and Metro Start Menu are no longer, a desktop-centered video player like 5KPlayer is more "appropriate" in UI. Unlike the massive VideoLan lineup, ranging from Android, iOS to Ubuntu, 5KPlayer is not only Windows-centered in multi-media playback, it's also a free video downloader software on Windows 10 and Mac. Still, the decision goes up to your flavor.
Copyright © 2020 DearMob, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All other products or name brands are trademarks of their respective holders. All logos, trademarks and images relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the Internet that are not used for commercial use. DearMob's software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.