Written by Kaylee Wood | Last update: June 16, 2020
With a huge collection of videos and music in your laptop, it will surely be pleasant to watch movies while chatting with friends on it. But compared to a HD and showy TV screen only yards away, this 15-inch screen seems kind of feeble. 5KPlayer here helps you wirelessly connect laptop to TV to stream movies, either through AirPlay or DLNA streaming and you can enjoy the video collection on a bigger screen without either cables or any latency.
In terms of suitable wireless adapter to connect laptop to TV, you have three options to choose from according to your different connection demands: A free media server software such as 5KPlayer to achieve 100% free wireless connection - which is virtually the most convenient method. Or you may opt for an USB cable, or a WiDi plugin. Please read on for the comparison.
Download 5KPlayer, install and launch it on your Mac or PC. This self-integrated wireless connection constructor can easily channel the audio and video from your laptop to Apple TV through only mouse clicks. No clunky cables or plugins will be required.
Step 1: Set up the wireless from laptop to TV
* Tap the AirPlay icon on the top right of 5KPlayer, select your Apple TV 4 name in the drop-down list to set up the wireless connection.
* Note: Please confirm your laptop and TV are connected to the same wireless network before you can start to stream video or audio.
Step 3: Choose the video/audio on your laptop to stream to Apple TV 4 wirelessly
* Kindly be noted that the AirPlay icon in 5KPlayer will turn red if the wireless connection is successful, thus providing an immediate indicator for users to troubleshoot wireless connection problems.
* Use the Video or Music button on the main interface, pick the video/audio from your laptop to stream wirelessly to Apple TV 4.
* During the laptop to TV wireless streaming process, your laptop is a flexible controller to the TV. It is capable of volume adjust and subtitle/soundtrack selection, all listed in the shortcut menu in the playback area.
Copyright © 2021 Digiarty Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. Any third party product names and trademarks used in this website are property of their respective owners. All the related logos and images, including but not limited to Apple's AirPlay®, Apple TV®, iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes® and Mac® are registered trademarks of their own. Digiarty is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc. and any of those companies.