DVD Ripper - Backup DVD & Convert DVD to MP4
● Rip Any DVD: 99-title DVD, encrypted, old, regional, Japanese, scratched DVD.
● Convert DVD: to MP4 (H.264/HEVC) for PC, Mac, iPhone, Android and also TV.
● Backup DVD: 1:1 clone to ISO/TS_Folder, backup main title to MPEG in 5 min.
● Edit DVD: crop, trim, subtitle, volume and customize video/audio parameters.
5KPlayer > Video Music Player > Best DVD Player Reviews
Posted by Kaylee Wood | Last update: April 28, 2020
If you don't know how to evaluate and choose a DVD player for DVD video playback, this article focusing on DVD player reviews can help you a lot. In this post, you will learn what to look for in DVD player software. Plus, you'll be presented with the best three free DVD players in the market. No matter you are a Windows user or a Mac OS customer, you will find a satisfactory cost-free DVD player for playing homemade DVDs and encrypted commercial DVD movies.
Watching movie is a common form of entertainment. Apart from enjoying movies in theater, we can also watch films on DVD which can deliver the perfect video audio quality. In general, many computers offer DVD playing function naturally. But if you are not content with the basic features provided by your computer, exceptional DVD player software with more advanced features can give you extra control over DVD playback. The question is, then: what are the criteria to evaluate a DVD player?
When you review DVD player software, you should pay attention to several aspects, including:
Following the aforementioned guidelines, we have singled out the best three DVD players in the market. Read the top free DVD player reviews below, and determine which program is the best for you.
The DVD players that are reviewed here include 5KPlayer, VLC and AVS Media Player.
DVD Player Review for 5KPlayer
5KPlayer may be new to you, but it is really a good free DVD player for Windows and macOS. It excels in playing both homemade DVDs and strictly locked commercial DVDs containing latest Disney DVD movies. In addition to play DVD disc, it also enables you to play ISO image file and VIDEO_TS folder. Moreover, 5KPlayer also provides many basic and bonus features, such as equalizer, deinterlace, audio/subtitle track selection, Video Tuner to modify brightness, saturation, contrast, etc.
- It is not only a DVD player, but also a free media player for all video audio files, radio player to listen to radio stations worldwide, free online video music downloader.
- It is integrated with AirPlay feature for video music streaming across PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, AirPlay-enabled speakers, etc.
- No skin option is provided.
- It doesn't support for multi-language.
DVD Player Review for VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is the best known media player out there. Besides playing video music files, it is also a free DVD player to play DVDs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix… Freeware as it is, VLC isn't together with spyware, ads or user tracking. VLC gives you more controls over DVD playback. If you don't want to play DVD from the beginning, you can set a given title and chapter using the Title and Chapter selectors.
- It offers many basic features for the beginners, as well as advanced features for the professionals.
- A wide range of media file types are supported.
- Its default user interface seems to be undesirable.
- Users always come across VLC not working or VLC audio delay issues while playing DVDs, video, audio, etc.
- No help documentation built in this player.
DVD Player Review for AVS Media Player
AVS Media Player is a free DVD player compatible well with Windows 8/7/Vista/2003/2000/XP. It is able to play PAL/NTSC DVD, VCD and SVCD with perfect surround sound. It offers a surround equalizer which can perform according to your setup. AVS DVD Player is lightweight and simple to use. It allows you to play DVDs without any settings.
- Comes with multiple languages including English, German, Italian, Spanish and French.
- Supports for play DVDs as well as common video audio file types.
- Enhances surround sound.
- It occupies a large amount of system resources while working. You'd better close other applications to make it work stably.
- Unable to de-interlace video images.
- Playback controls are invisible on the screen in full playback mode.
After reviewing the DVD players, we'll take 5KPlayer as an example to show you how to play DVD on your computer.
Step 1. Download, install and launch 5KPlayer.
Step 2. Load DVD source. You can input DVD simply by clicking "+ DVD" in the main interface. This DVD player can detect the DVD disc spontaneously for you. Alternatively, you can load DVD disc/ISO image/VIDEO_TS folder from the File menu.
5KPlayer can load DVD source at fast speed. After finishing loading, you can start enjoying DVD movie or do some adjustments, such as choose title, chapter, specify audio/subtitle track, deinterlace video, fast forward, set aspect ratio, etc.
Note: In addition to play DVDs, 5KPlayer is also a powerful video music player featuring playing music, videos in any format, like freely playing 4K video, playing MKV video, flash video, AVI, WMV, MP3, FLAC, you name it! Moreover, the built-in AirPlay feature can help stream movies/videos/music from iPhone/iPad/iPod to Mac/PC and from Mac/PC to Apple TV, AirPlay-enabled speakers, etc. I bet you'll be happy to find that this versatile DVD player also delivers an efficient way to download Dailymotion Vimeo Facebook videos (more videos from 300+ video sites) with lightning speed.
How to Rip DVD with VLC Player?VLC offers a simple and straightforward method for you to rip DVD for easier collection and sharing.
DTS Player to Play DTS 5.1 Dolby AC3Free DTS 5.1 player download here to play DTS 5.1, DTS-HD, Dolby AC3, etc files and FLAC/ALAC lossless, movie DVDs.
Best Free DVD Player Mac DownloadThis best free DVD player Mac software can play any video DVD on Mac El Capitan and Windows 10 without region code limitation.
Copyright © 2023 Digiarty Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. All other products or name brands are trademarks of their respective holders. All logos, trademarks and images relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the Internet that are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.