5KPlayer > Video Music Player > Netflix Error [Solved]
Posted by Kaylee Wood | Last update: April 28, 2020
Streaming Luke Cage, Daredevil and other big name Netflix TV shows, and suddenly you're interrupted by a Netflix error saying "Whoops, something went wrong". Netflix not working can drive you nuts when half an hour passed but their contacting center doesn't seem able to offer a suggestion that works.
Don't be vexed, we have collected the common Netflix error & resolves in this post and corresponding helpful tips, now check them out!
Most Netflix errors happen under poor Internet environment, which means streaming isn't quite applicable now and then. To that end, you may well download Netflix TV shows to local & schedule your time to watch it without choking, that's when you'll need this free online video downloader - 5KPlayer.
See Netflix vs. Apple TV+ vs. Disney+: Best Streaming Services Reviews
2. If you could see nothing but a gray screen while watching Netflix on computer, click on the grey part of the screen (If an icon "Activate Silverlight" appears, click on it) > Select Allow and Remember before visiting Netflix again.
1. Netflix blackscreen with/without player controls/with flying blue dots on computer.
For the abovementioned 3 cases, please find the corresponding resolves:
For black screen only, you need to quit all browsers & run a new browser as administrator > open netflix with it. If you can't see the player control properly displayed, quite possible this is problem with Silverlight plug-in, and you may refer to Netflix silverlight error; If you see the blue dots anyway, first run browser as administrator, and then troubleshoot the Silverlight plug-in errors.
2. Red tint(s) appear on display when streaming.
The red tints, black-and-white Netflix video errors occur when your graphics card driver is out-of-date, and you'll need to reinstall the driver, restart computer, and put on another piece of shows. In most cases this solves your Netflix display error.
3. Netflix videos go black-and-white when playing.
Same as the red tint error.
4. Netflix won't go full-screen error When either your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE or Opera) or the Silverlight plug-in goes wrong, Netflix won't go full screen properly. For plug-in errors, refer to Silverlight error, for browser errors, read general Netflix Not Working guide.>
5. Videos choke/choppy during playback Select another Netflix video clip to see if the choke still exist, or else this results from improper audio card or sound manager settings. Xonar DX Audio users should: open the audio center > select DSP mode > Deselect the GX option. HT Omega Striker 7.1 audio software users should: Open the Audio Center > Deselect EX Xear 3D.
6. Subtitles playback errors in Netflix. Any tweaked DNS settings may lead to subtitles not playing properly on your computer, hence you need to disable: first VPN or DNS settings > add-ons for browsers to solve this Netflix playback problem.
7. Netflix player off-center when playing. Third-party advertisements, when failed to play with your computer's ad-block software, may land you in this off-center problem. In this regard, these 5 programs recommended by Netflix officially can help: Ad-Aware, Sophos, Trend Micro, F-Secure, Symantec.
Just like the latest case in 2017-02-08 when Amazon's Web service outage disrupted its site users, Netflix could be once in a while suffering from unexpected outages or temporary server down due to overcrowded traffic.
Seems there's not much to do about the server side error, and users may hopefully want to visit this place https://help.netflix.com/en/is-netflix-down to report Netflix server down to see if the problem unfolds across the country or there's just something wrong with his own Internet.
For VPN and DNS proxy users who wishes to watch series & TV shows abroad, Netflix DNS proxy error and VPN problems are like an endless nightmare no exit. Particularly about the 2, Express VPN Netflix seems to overtake proxy providers, which can't evade even some most basic blocks from Netflix.
In theory there's no permanent solution for Netflix's overseas VPN ban, which means hopping onto a new VPN provider is the only fix for Netflix proxy errors. To that end, you may check out the following 7 recommended by comparitech.com at your own risk:
ExpressVPN, Buffered, StrongVPN, NordVPN, VyprVPN, LiquidVPN.
Netflix error code 1011 points to a Netflix APP error.
iOS Netflix APP: Troubleshoot network connection > Restart Netflix APP > Uninstall & Reinstall APP.
Android, Tablet APP: Connect the device to a different network > Use diagnostics tools of your Android device to test the Internet status.
* Mac & Windows Netflix: Learn more about Netflix APP for Mac and Netflix APP for Windows on the 2 pages.
When the streaming site just won't play your TV shows anyhow, chances are that you'll come to the error code F7053-1803, or one of the following messages,
Whoops, something went wrong...
There was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again.
Netflix may easily go wrong if you're visiting the website from Firefox using incognito mode, or any other mainstream browsers. Here're the approaches to the situation:
Firstly, turn off private browsing mode (incognito mode) > Secondly, clear the past Netflix cookies on your computer by visiting: https://www.netflix.com/, and sign in with your account & password again > Thirdly, enable cookies in the browser.
If the above 3 steps fail to load content from Netflix, click on the mouse a few more times to Refresh your browser (here's what you can do with Firefox): Visit Menu > Help > Troubleshooting information > Refresh Firefox.
Tips and Notes:
Refreshing the browser means losing customizable data remembered in the past.
Please free up at least 100MB of storage space in order not to run into Netflix not working error.
By and large, the following error codes indicate that you're stuck in Netflix's plug-in errors: Netflix error 2110, 7733628, 7735335, 7735410.
[Solved] Silverlight Error Netflix:
A troubleshooting tool targeting at Microsoft Silverlight errors called silverlight.diagcab can be downloaded directly at: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/10009?catId=en%2F132 to bring the plug-in which Netflix for Windows relies largely on back to normal, and you may well uninstall & reinstall the plug-in to make sure everything reset to defaults.
Hope you've found solutions to the Netflix error that keeps troubling you. Here's a useful & free tool for you to download & watch any Netflix TV shows, watch Netflix fuller house, or Netflix 3D movies, you may consider the video player and online video downloader 2-in-1 - 5KPlayer!
Netflix App for PC Free Download How to download Netflix app for PC on Windows 10 or Windows 8 and make sure the Netflix app works perfectly on your PC without faltering? Simply read this article.
Streaming Netflix 1080P 4K UHD MoviesThis How-to-Guide will lead you to realize streaming Netflix 1080p, HD 4K Movies/TV Shows effectively all at once.
Copyright © 2023 Digiarty Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. All other products or name brands are trademarks of their respective holders. All logos, trademarks and images relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the Internet that are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.