Overview - Main Interface
1. Supported Play Sources: Videos, Music, DVDs, radio
2. YouTube: Support 300+ free online video sites. It enables you to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
3. AirPlay: Stream video music from iPad iPhone iPod to computer. Send AirPlay video music from computer to Apple TV.
Overview - Media Library
1. Favorites: If you like the movie or music, you can click "heart" icon to add it to your Favorites list.
PS, You can't delete the movie and music once you add them to Favorites, if you want to delete them, please uncheck "heart" icon first.
2. YouTube: Videos and music downloaded from YouTube will appear in YouTube list.
3. Playlist: Playlist includes Movies and music from your local drive.
4. New list: You can also add any new play list you want by click "+ New list" button, and enter the name of the list.
5. Add & Delete: Add and delete button will help your organize media files.
6. Playback option: Repeat and Shuffle options is just the same as iTunes, very easy to use.
Overview- Play Feature
1. Playback Area: This is where the video is displayed.
2. Play/Pause Button: This button will play or pause the video that is playing.
3. Previous & Next Resource Buttons: These buttons will let you play the previous or next resource.
4. Volume Slider: Drag the slider bar to adjust the volume or click the horn on the left or right to minimize or maximize the volume.
5. Rotate Left (Right) 90°: Click the "Rotate left" or "Rotate right" buttons to rotate the video in 90° increments.
6. Chapter: Click Chapter button to see the Chapter you are playing or select the chapter you want to play.
7. Subtitle: Click subtitle track button to select subtitle track or disable subtitle.
8. Audio: Click Audio Track button to select the audio track or just disable audio.
9. AirPlay: Select a device for AirPlay.
10. Close: Click the close button on the top left corner of the playing window to stop playing and the program will go back to the initial interface.
Overview - Control Panel
1. Open Media File: Check to select recourse and the program will play it immediately.
2. Audio Tracks: Select the audio track or just disable audio.
3. Subtitle Tracks: Select subtitle track or disable subtitle.
4. Synchronization: Set time to make audio (subtitle) sync with video.
5. Deinterlace: If the video you play is interlaced video, please select one of the deinterlacing filters (Yadif, Blend, Inear) to get progressive scanning video.
6. Aspect Ratio: Select the aspect ratio to fit the screen.
7. Snapshot: Click to take snapshots of your favorite scenes.
8. Convert: If you need to convert your DVD and MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI videos to a format for AirPlay, click Converter and it will bring you to our all-in-one DVD video converter software for Windows or Mac OS .
9. Media Info: Get the video's information, such as Source, Track info, Format.
How to airplay videos from iPhone/iPod/iPad to computers
Make sure your computer and iPhone/iPad/iPod are in the same network before you can airplay.
Step One: First, you need to run 5KPlayer on your Mac. After you've added your AirPlay-enabled devices like iPhone, iPad and Mac to the same network, they can automatically detect all its receivers.
Step Two: You just need to swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access control center and tap AirPlay. A list of AirPlay enabled devices will appear. Choose the name of your Mac to connect. Or you can airplay during your playback on your iPhone/iPad/iPod, simply click the icon on lower right of your iPhone/iPad/iPod screen, choose the computer you want to airplay to.
Tips: 1. If you are running an AirPlay-enabled application, such as YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, etc, the AirPlay icon will be visible in the video's navigation bar, you just need to tap the icon and choose the devices you would like to airplay to.
2. It is not suggested to turn on "Mirroring", because 5KPlayer does not support mirroring iPhone/iPad/iPod screen at this moment.
Step Three: Once you tap the name, you are connected to the computer and could immediately begin streaming video music from AirPlay-enabled devices and apps to 5KPlayer and watch your media files on bigger screen.
How to AirPlay videos from computer to computer/Apple TV?
Make sure your two computers are in the same network signal before you can airplay.
Step One: Double Click 5KPlayer, AirPlay tab is on the upper right corner of the interface. Click AirPlay tab and choose the Apple TV from the drop-down menu. If you have multiple Apple TVs on your network, select the one to which you would like to mirror. Once the AirPlay is enabled the AirPlay tab will turn red.
Step Two: Add Video/Music to the program and it will automatically airplay to the computer/Apple TV you connect. You can also airplay during video music playback on your computer. Just click Airplay and choose the computer/Apple TV you want to airplay.
Note: Currently, airplay only supports videos in MP4, M4V and music in Mp3. If you need to AirPlay DVD, MKV, MTS, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4, etc, you need the assistance of video converter software for Windows or Mac to convert your DVDs and video files to the format for AirPlay
How to add video/music for playback?
There are several ways to add videos/music for playback:
1. Add Video/Music from the program. Click the Video or Music icon on the main interface of 5KPlayer, choose the video or music you want to play and press Open. You can also double click the video or music to enable playing.
2. Add Video/Music from system menu bar. Go File -> Open Media File in the system bar
3. Add Video/music via "Drag and Drop" Drag and Drop the video/music to the main interface or program icon
4. Right click on the media file and choose 5KPlayer to open. Once a video file is opened, 5KPlayer will be made as the default player for your computer. You can double click your media file it supports to open with 5KPlayer.
5 Right click on the main interface. Right click on the main interface of 5KPlayer and choose Open Media File. Locate the media file and click Open to play.
How to play DVD via 5KPlayer?
There are two ways to play a DVD disc via 5KPlayer.
1. Click the DVD icon in the main interface of 5KPlayer to load a DVD in DVD drive for playback and click Open to play. PS, if you want to playback DVD disc on your iPhone, iPad and other devices, please try MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
2. Go File ->Open DVD Disc. You are also able to open a DVD ISO file and VIDEO_TS folder this way.PS, DVD ISO Image and DVD Video_TS are also supported.
How to listen to radios with 5KPlayer?
Step One: Click the Radio icon in the main interface of 5KPlayer.
Step Two: Copy and Paste a radio URL and click Play. BBC Sport Live, NBC Sports, CBS Sports Radio and music Radios are preset in the program, you can just double click the icon to license to radios you like.
How to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more
Step One: First, go to the YouTube page containing the video you want to save.
Step Two: Open 5KPlayer and click the YouTube tab. Click Paste URL & Analyze.
Step Three: Click Download button to download YouTube videos.
Tip: You can free to choose any video format and resolution available in the original YouTube video with the gear icon.
How to download video and convert to MP3, AAC
5KPlayer enables you to convert the downloaded videos as well as the videos in the playlists to music in the format of MP3 and AAC. After you finished the video downloading process, you just need to move your mouse to the video you would like to convert, then the "Convert" tab will be appeared. Choose the audio format you prefer then you will get the music file.