Remove MPlayerX Malware Adware and Virus Completely
Written by Jason
Advertised as a must-have media player, MPlayerX actually bears no resemblance to such an application that itself boasts. It is in reality a malware which displays disturbing pop ups and banner ads everywhere on your browser and may cause severe damages to your Mac. Here handy guides on MPlayerX malware removal are provided and an absolutely safe MPlayerX alternative is shared in case you will need it.
What Damages Does MPlayerX Malware Cause?
* It keeps showing pop-up ads on web pages.
* It redirects your browser to ad-like pages.
* It recommends fake updates on Safari.
* It turns random text on web pages into hyperlinks.
* It changes the default DNS setting of browsers.
* It steals personal information.
* It slows down your computer.
* It causes frequent plug-in crashes.
* It installs malicious applications secretly.
* It infects your computer with virus.
In addition to all above damages, who knows what else it's doing and stealing!
How to Remove MPlayerX Malware, Ads Or Virus?
1. Uninstall MPlayerX
* Find MPlayerX on your computer and directly drag it into the Trash.
* Right click the Trash icon and choose "Empty Trash".
2. Remove MPlayerX Malware/Adware Extensions
* Open your browser > Tools (More tools/Preferences) > Extensions
* Check MPlayerX malware and adware.
*Disable, delete or uninstall any MPlayerX malware or adware you find.
Note: MPlayerX malware/adware is something like Amazon Shopping Assistant, Ebay Shopping Assistant, Searchme, searchtab, or anything similar to Adobe Flash Player, or extensions like .it, .jbsearch, .mtsearch, or xxx keep/keeper/keepo, or any cash back claiming extensions.
>>> Instructions For MPlayerX Virus Removal <<<
Tried everything but still seeing ads anywhere? Maybe you should try MPlayerX malware removal/uninstall tool or even system restore.
Is MPlayerX Malware the Only Malware Running on Your Computer?
Of course not! For example, a phishing scam (MacDefender malware) has targeted Mac users to get their credit card information for fraudulent purposes. But don't worry! Apple has provided practical resolutions to helping you avoid installing this malware and remove it. Moreover, there are various malware scanner for Mac/PC to help you remove MPlayerX-like malware and keep your data secured. Just find the one you trust!
Replace MPlayerX with 100% Safe Media Player
Since you've uninstalled MPlayerX, you may need a powerful media player that is 100% safe to run on your Mac/PC. 5KPlayer is just what you want! It plays HD videos, HQ music and encrypted DVDs in any format and at any resolution, be it MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, AVI, or 720p, 1080p, 4k, and 8k. More importantly, this free MPlayerX alternative is totally safe with no malware, adware, spyware or virus, and will never slow down your Mac/PC!
Besides an HD media player, 5KPlayer is also a perfect combination of YouTube downloader and Airplay server. It enables you to free download video music from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion and 300+ online sites, and stream them from your Mac/PC to Apple TV and Airplay speakers.