Written by Kaylee Wood | Last update: April 28, 2020
Pleasingly, in an Android first, HTC has licensed Apple's AirPlay streaming techonoly that HTC AirPlay streaming to Apple TV or any other AirPlay-capable speaker/receiver is as easy as iOS AirPlay streaming. How to use HTC AirPlay to AirPlay HTC 10/HTC One M7, One M8, One M9 etc to an AirPlay speaker/receiver or Apple TV? Just 3 fingers swipe up to do the quick connect or more specifically, follow the guide on HTC AirPlay listed below.
You can now use HTC AirPlay to wirelessly stream audio music from HTC Android phone to Apple TV or speakers without hassle. With AirPlay receiver 5KPlayer installed on Mac/PC, you can also AirPlay HTC 10/One to Mac/PC smoothly and make Mac/PC display your HTC 10/One M7/M8/M9 etc screen to play any video audio file.
1. HTC AirPlay is enabled under the condition that your HTC Android phone and AirPlay speaker are in the same WiFi network.
2. Newly released HTC 10 comes with native AirPlay support while the flagship's older siblings like HTC One M7/M8/M9 etc don't. Through the updated HTC Connect app, the HTC One M7/M8/M9 etc will all support Apple's AirPlay protocol and you will be able to push music songs on your HTC Android phone to Apple TV/AirPlay speaker/AirPlay receiver – very much like you can with Chromecast apps.
3. With HTC Connect app, HTC AirPlay to Apple TV/AirPlay speaker is as easy as you can imagine. However, if you want to AirPlay HTC 10/One M7, One M8, One M9, etc to Mac/PC, you need a professional AirPlay receiver installed on your Mac/PC first. 5KPlayer is what you are looking for. It is a powerful AirPlay receiver on Windows/Mac OS X/mac OS Sierra allowing you to AirPlay HTC 10/One Android phone to Mac/PC smoothly as well as AirPlay iOS iPhone iPad to Mac/Windows flawlessly. Besides, it also acts as an AirPlay sender that you can use it to connect Mac/PC to TV without hassle. With 5KPlayer, you can enjoy what's on your iPhone/iPad/Mac/PC like AVI MKV M4V MOV MP3 4K 1080p etc video music on Apple TV with unprecedented viewing and listening experience.
4. You have two different ways to turn on HTC AirPlay:
Method 1. You can swipe up on the screen of your HTC 10/One Android phone with three fingers to bring up the HTC Connect dialogue. Then you will see the Apple TV/AirPlay speaker/AirPlay receiver poping up. Your HTC Android phone will automatically attempt to reconnect to the last device you used, or you can choose another device tapping on Choose Other.
Method 2. You can open Settings > HTC Connect. Here you will find where to play your media. You can also limit the type of streaming devices that show up in this list by tapping on the menu button, followed by Scan Option.
HTC AirPlay to Mac/PC
Step 1. Free Download the best AirPlay Receiver 5KPlayer and run it on your Mac or PC.
Step 2. Connect your HTC 10/One M7/M8/M9 etc and computer in the same WiFi network.
Step 3. Enable HTC AirPlay to Mac/PC.
* Just choose one method mentioned above to turn on the HTC AirPlay on your HTC Android phone to connect HTC with your Mac or PC. (The HTC Android phone could automatically detect your computer's name.)
* Tap Choose where to play media (just choose your Mac's or PC's name) and then HTC AirPlay to Mac/PC will be available.
AirPlay HTC 10/One to Apple TV/AirPlay Speaker
Step 1. Connect your Apple TV or AirPlay speaker and HTC 10/One M7/M8/M9 etc Android phone to the same WiFi network.
Step 2. Open a music app on HTC 10/One M7/M8/M9 etc. (HTC AirPlay now only support audio streaming.)
Step 3. Swipe up with three fingers on the screen or open settings for HTC connect.
Step 4. Tap the Apple TV or AirPlay speaker you want to connect to from the available devices listed.
Step 5. In the music app that you're using, start playing music. You'll then hear the music play from the Apple TV/AirPlay speaker you've selected.
Tips: Once connected, use your phone to control the volume, pause or resume playback, and more. To stop HTC AirPlay, pull down the notification shade and close the notification indicating where the audio is being sent.
With HTC Connect, HTC AirPlay is available and you can wirelessly stream media to any of the follwing types of devices:
• AirPlay speakers or Apple TV
• Blackfire® compliant multi-room speakers
• Multi-room speakers that support the Qualcomm® AllPlay™ smart media platform
• DLNA® compatible speakers and TV
• Miracast™ compatible display devices
• Chromecast™ compatible display devices.
• Bluetooth speakers
• HTC certified consumer electronic devices or accessories that have the HTC Connect logo
With 5KPlayer, HTC AirPlay to Mac/PC will never be a difficulty. This AirPlay sender & receiver will make your home a media center that you can enjoy videos, movies, music, TV shows, sports shows, etc anytime on Mac/PC/Apple TV. In addition, This HTC AirPlay receiver is inborn to be a video music player capable of playing 4K 8K 1080p MKV MTS MPEG DivX DAV MP4 AVI MP3 AAC etc and DVD files. You can also use it to download online videos music in three steps from 300+ sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
Play RTSP Stream on Windows 10 & MacWe list out top best free RTSP players to help you play RTSP streaming and view RTSP streams of IP cameras on computer.
Best Free Media Player for MacOS SierraFree download the best media player for macOS Sierra/El Capitan/Yosemite/Windows 10 etc to play any video movie music.
Copyright © 2023 Digiarty Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. Any third party product names and trademarks used in this website are property of their respective owners. All the related logos and images, including but not limited to Apple's AirPlay®, Apple TV®, iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes® and Mac® are registered trademarks of their own. Digiarty is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc. and any of those companies.