Written by Kaylee Wood | Last update: August 18, 2020 | 4 Min Read
Swipe up the TikTok videos uploaded by others and you will have an amazing leisure time in a day. Or, create your own short dance clip videos or lip-synced videos with TikTok to become a fine Vlogger. However, "unfortunately tiktok has stopped" error message vanishes the good times. If you are suffering from the TikTok not working problems like TikTok down, TikTok crashing, TikTok not opening or TikTok loading issues, here are some possible solutions you can adopt.
TikTok is tailor-made for iOS and Android phones, but not very user-friendly on computers. So, if you want to have the same experience as on iPhone, you can use 5KPlayer’s AirPlay function to stream TikTok videos from iPhone to computer wirelessly. How to stream? >>
The recent TikTok down error happened on August 13, with worldwide users especially those are in the UK, US and main parts of Europe reporting that all of their video reviews and like counts have suddenly been removed from TikTok. Downdetector will receive thousands of reports if the TikTok app down problem happens. According to users’ feedbacks, view videos, upload and log-in are the most reported ones. Actually, TikTok not working problem happens often. If it is the server down problem, you have to wait patiently. But if the reasons refer to others, you may find the corresponding solutions below.
After ransacking the internet, we have summarized some main error types besides TikTok server down error, which are:
• TikTok hanging, crashing or shutting down error
• TikTok not opening or can’t access
• TikTok video loading issue – not loading, lags or glitches
• TikTok video upload problems
• Can’t connect to TikTok
• TikTok cannot record videos
• TikTok log in problem
• TikTok search not working
• TikTok effects not working
Besides these, the issues that TikTok users complained on Downdetector site would also, to a large extend, be resolved based on the below solutions.
1. Close and reopen TikTok app: This often fixes a minor software crash problem.
• On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-press the Home button to open the app switcher. On an iPhone X or newer, double-press the Home button or swipe up from the very bottom of the display to the center of the display. Once the app switcher is opened, swipe the TikTok app up and off the top of the screen to close it.
• On Android phones, you simply tap the back arrow to close TikTok app.
2. Check the network: A strong and stable network can help get rid of TikTok video loading issues.
• On iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap on WLAN to make sure it is connected. Or Tap on Cellular to make sure the Cellular Data is turned on. If it’s already on, just turn it off and on again. If the network is still weak, it is better to contact your network server to upgrade your plan as video playback often costs much data.
• On Android: Open the Settings app > "Wireless and Networks" or "Connections" > Mobile data or Cellular data, and then make sure it is well connected. For WiFi Settings, just tap Wi-Fi.
3. Refresh or update the TikTok app:
• On iPhone: Go to "App Store" > Search for the TikTok app > You will see the Update option on the iPhone screen, and just tap on it to update the app.
• On Android: Go to "Google Play Store" on your Android phone > Search for the TikTok app > You will see the Update option on your mobile screen, just tap on it to update the app.
4. Clear the cache data of the app: This can help solve the TikTok hanging and crashing problem, and TikTok videos not playing after sharing.
• On iPhone: Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Scroll down to find TikTok app > Choose Delete App to remove the related cache data. If you want to reinstall the app, go to the App Store and reinstall it. Don’t worry, your Uploaded videos, Likes, Follow, Followers and Friends are still there once you log in.
• On Android: Open the Settings > Tap the Storage > Tap the Other Apps to see a list of installed apps > Find TikTok application and tap it > Then, tap the Clear cache button to clear data.
5. Restart your mobile phone:
• On iPhone: If you are using iPhone 8 or earlier, press and hold down on the power button > when "slide to power off" appears on the screen, swipe the power icon from left to right to shut down your iPhone > Then, press and hold the power button again to turn your iPhone back on. If you are using iPhone X or newer, press and hold either volume button and the side button > when the "slide to power off" appears, swipe the power icon from left to right to shut down your iPhone > Then, press and hold the side button to turn on your iPhone again.
• On Android: Press and hold down the power button along with the volume up button until the screen turns black. Then, press and power button for few seconds to turn your Android phone back on.
6. Uninstall and reinstall TikTok app
• On iPhone: Lightly press and hold on the TikTok app until a small X appears. Then, tap the X and tap delete to uninstall the TikoTok app on your iPhone. To reinstall TikTok on your iPhone, go to App Store and search for TikTok to install.
• On Android: Open the Settings menu on your Android phone > open Apps or Application manager (depending on your device) > find TikTok app and select it > tap on the Uninstall button to uninstall TikTok on Android. Then, go to Google Play Store to search for TikTok for Android and reinstall.
If TikTok not working issues still exist, try to contact the TikTok official support. There is tab in the Settings of TikTok app called "report a problem" where you can fill out a report to get official support.
TikTok is actually a mobile-based video creating and sharing app for iOS and Android. It is not that enjoyable when using it on computer through the browser, as you can only watch the videos but not create your own videos. So, if you are thinking of creating TikTok videos and watching TikTok videos on computer, especially when you want to demonstrate the process to others, you can try to stream TikTok from iPhone to computer with bigger screen.
5KPlayer is the very key that can unlock the door between your iPhone and computer wirelessly. Its inbuilt AirPlay technology can turn your Mac or PC into an AirPlay receiver to receive what’s screen mirrored from an iOS device, including TikTok videos, movies, music, apps, games, and so on. Swipe up the TikTok videos on your iPhone and 5KPlayer shows them accurately on computer. How to steps >>
Step 1. Free download AirPlay-enabled software 5KPlayer on your Mac or PC, install and launch it. Then, click on the "DLNA AirPlay" on the main UI of 5KPlayer to access 5KPlayer AirPlay Setting window, and turn on the AirPlay option.
• AirPlay is based on the Bonjour service, follow the guide 5KPlayer provides to fix the problem if the Bonjour service is not running.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone and computer to the same WiFi network.
Step 3. Turn on the Screen Mirroring option on your iPhone, and once your iPhone discovers 5KPlayer, tap 5KPlayer to connect.
• For iPhone with iOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen of your iPhone/iPad to access the Control Center to turn on Screen Mirroring.
• For iPhone with iOS 12 or older: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen of your iPhone/iPad to access the Control Center turn on Screen Mirroring.
Step 4. Now, play TikTok videos on your iPhone, and 5KPlayer will instantly receive the contents and display them on your computer.
Copyright © 2020 Digiarty Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5KPlayer & DearMob are brands of Digiarty Software, Inc. Any third party product names and trademarks used in this website are property of their respective owners. All the related logos and images, including but not limited to Apple's AirPlay®, Apple TV®, iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes® and Mac® are registered trademarks of their own. Digiarty is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc. and any of those companies.