2016 iPhone 7 No Headphone Jack, No Problems!
Written by Amanda
Why is Apple getting rid of headphone jack? Is the iPhone 7 no head phone jack a revolution or a marketing strategy of Apple?
It can be both. To go wireless is a long time pursuit of tech since cord phone to mobile. Only this time it is Apple who aggressively plays the leading role in wireless intelligent headphone campaign and hopes to get benefits in return including an extra gain of $159 for AirPod and trapping users much deeper into its swampy ecosystem featuring Apple W1 chip with W2/W3/W4 to follow.
There are two major reasons that pushed Apple ditching iPhone 7 headphone jack: AR platform and physical design. As iOS 10 includes a AR mode and the Company keeps hiring AR/VR experts from Magic Leap and Oculus, we can imply that AirPods is the priliminary audio attempt in AR platform construction, which, rather than VR, would be a core tech of Apple according to Tim Cook.
iPhone 7 headphone jack is also a sacrifice for waterproof. Blessed by headphone jack removal, we've got a waterproof iPhone 7/ 7 Plus with IP67 rating – withstand being underwater for up to 30 mins in 1m depth. The headphone jack (whole assembly) in iPhone 6s takes up about 10% of the bezel space. By ditching it, larger room is made available for better Taptic Engine powering the new virtual home button to be more reliable and go waterproofing too. Now, there won't be this excuse for us to change a new iPhone every year – "accidently dropping" it in the toilet water, unless you seriously let it take a bath for over 30 min or more.
Though the removal of the 3.5mm port on the iPhone 7 is somehow inevitable in a long run, and eliminating an exposure hole of iPhone can make it much easier for waterproofing, thinner physical design, this move has been bringing us inconveniences already at least for now no matter how promising the future will be.
iPhone 7 No Headphone Jack Biggest Disadvantage at Presant
Top iPhone 7 Headphone Jack Missing Problem
The new iPhone 7/7 Plus without head phone jack at first truly makes me doubt whether this is a fake evolution imitating penis for both ejaculation and wee-wee. No wonder we cannot charge and listen to songs simultaneously, to help, you may try iPhone 7 wireless music streaming. This inconvenience is not at all friendly solved by Apple since the $159 offer is a privilege for the rich or those who desire to label themselves as so. So maybe a Top 5 AirPod Alternatives List can find the mass consumers a better choice.
Some insists that the disabling of listening and charging at the same time is good for iPhone7 battery life, but since an iPhone cannot survive a two-year death karma as always, the teeny battery life improvement of this move is totally negligible.
It also seems that iPhone 7 headphone jack adapter dongle or your lightning Earpod is now a must take now wherever you go if you want to listening to audio alone. Don't cry to mom when you lost them or left them behind.
iPhone 7 no headphone jack, AirPods benefits:
• Bye to the Headphone cables stuck problem. Relieved that there won't be a wire knot in the pocket. (Or maybe i prefer a knot than a missing earbud)
• Share audio with friends even more flexiblely. When you and your mate are listening to a song together using one pair of Apple AirPod, you can both move your heads freely without worrying about pulling out each other's earbud.
• Watching movie videos on Apple TV connected big screen HDTV quietly and wirelessly without disturbing others. Free yourself from cord and free others from your TV noise.
• Ready for better AR enjoyment like PokemonGo.
iPhone 7 no headphone jack, why avoid AirPods at presant:
• Health. Close-range radiation effects might result in irreversible brain damage according to Daily Mail UK.
• Money. You are tipping your toe into this costly AR swamp since AirPods are at the infant stage. Chances are a series of Apple products investments will ensue to truly realise the AR cause, let alone there are already an array of cordless headphones of similiar function at a good price.
• Audio quality. The sound quality offered by AirPods isn't any better than the pack-in Earpods. So for music lovers, there won't be any difference in what you hearing.
• Restricted control. One can only use Siri or tap your iPhone screen to change tracks or adjust volume. This could be even complicated.
• Also, those expensive AirPod earbuds are very easy to go missing since they are tiny and seperated and you'd better not using AirPods while running because they are very easy to fall to the ground broken as they cannot stick to your ears always.
However, with iPhone 7 no headphone jack biggest problem stated above, this actually won't affect us users too much as boasted since many headphone companies are backing up Apple ditching headphone jack decision and providing AirPods alternative solutions with reasonable prices - Blutooth headphones, of which the only problem is quick battery consumption.
But, what if you want a zero cost solution to simplify the charing problems? You can free download 5KPlayer.
Listen to And Charge iPhone 7 No Headphone Jack Simultaneously
Best way to listen to and charge iPhone 7 without headphone jack simultaneously through headphones - you need 5KPlayer freeware.
How it works:
5KPlayer is a freeware media player that works on both Windows and Mac OS. This little light piece of software can turn your Windows/Mac into an AirPlay audio receiver to receive streams of music songs from iPhone 7 and let you listen to songs from iPhone 7 with your headphone connected to the computer and in the meantime, the lightning port is made availiable for charging.
Step 1: Download 5KPlayer free on your Windows/Mac
Step 2: Make iPhone 7 and 5KPlayer connected to the same WIFI network.
Step 3: Swipe up from the iPhone 7 screen to go the control center and tap AirPlay to activate iPhone 7/7 Plus AirPlay
Note: You can even enable Mirroring to send everything on your iPhone's display to Windows/Mac.
By clicking the recording button, you can record the whole iPhone 7/7 Plus screen.
Step 4: Then connect the headphone to your computer for audio enjoyment and charge your iPhone 7/7 Plus using lightning port.